Thursday, March 31, 2022

Blog 4 Part 1: EOTO Apple iPhone

         Do you have an iPhone? I’m sure most people today either have an iPhone or have at least one Apple product. Apple is one of the most well-known and popular technology companies in the world. What started their success was the introduction of the first “iPhone”. I remember when I was in elementary school, and my dad came home with the first iPhone model. Having seen nothing like it before, I was quickly memorized by it, along with the rest of the world. As a result, The Apple iPhone was first introduced to viewers on January 9, 2007. However, it was not released publicly until June 29, 2007. According to an Appleinsider article, “here in the US the first iPhone was priced at $499 and $599, for 4GB and 8GB models” (Appleinsider). Steve Jobs was the CEO at the time and helped design the first iPhone. Jobs was one of the three founders for Apple’s company. 
 
        An article published on Verizon’s website found that Jobs introduced the iPhone as a “combination of the iPod, a revolutionary mobile phone, and a breakthrough communicator” (Verizon Website). Jobs ultimately wanted to develop his own smartphone but wanted to incorporate functions from their successful iPod product. As for the iPhone’s features, the first iPhone consisted of a 3.5’’ touch screen, a microphone, headset controls, and a camera.  Jobs wanted to get rid of the stereotypical sliding keyboard and buttons seen on past smartphones. He wanted to have a fully functioning multipurpose touch screen display. Although, the iPhone had some major advancements, it did come with some setbacks. The product was very small and was hard for some to operate. It also did not come with an apple store app like we have today. No apple store meant no third-party apps. Such as Instagram and Twitter. Not to mention, its price point was quite expensive compared to other smartphones on the market.


        What made this product so special and beneficial to viewers was because before iPhones, smartphones were just kind of generic and didn’t have that overall “wow factor “to them. Jobs forever changed the development and construction of smartphones. Other smartphone companies doubted Jobs' product and wanted it to fail. In an interview, Microsoft CEO at the time, Steve Ballmer, stated the “iPhone has no chance of talking over the smartphone market” (Appleinsider). However, Jobs proved all wrong, and is heavily known for his research and impacts in technology. Jobs forever changed and set the tone for the smartphone market. Today, there have been 34 different models of iPhones. 

        I am a huge fan of Apple. I have had several different models of the iPhone, along with other Apple products. The iPhone has allowed communication with others faster and more efficiently. I appreciate the simplicity of their models and how easy an iPhone is to operate. iPhones have changed our communication skills for the better. I don’t know what I would do without my iPhone. I communicate with friends and family, shop, create, listen to music, make deposits, at any time or anywhere. Sadly, the iPhone has left a negative pact on society. Today, I feel some of us are too invested in their phones and cannot communicate face to face properly and lack social awareness. Especially in the younger generations as they are fully dependent on phones and social media. Social media is a huge factor and has a lot of false image and cyberbullying. I feel the iPhone is a tremendous tool and has done a lot for society, but on the other hand I feel as a society we need to take a step back from it at times and enjoy what’s in front of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 12 : Final Presentation

          My relationship with technology first started when I was in the fifth grade. My parents surprised my sister and I on Christmas and...